Sunday, October 4, 2015

Random Note On Samson Oil And Gas Activity In Williams County -- October 4, 2015

A reader asked about the siting of a Samson Oil and Gas well in T158N-R98W. This was my reply:
In all of T198 R98, I see only two wells on confidential list; all the other permits / wells in that township are drilled / active.

The two I see are sited in section 30 (near north line) and their name suggests both will be running north, into sections 19 and 18. One will be a middle Bakken well and one will be a Three Forks wells.

That's what I see on the NDIC GIS map; there may be others I am missing.

These are the two I see:
  • 30304, conf, Samson Oil and Gas, Rainbow 9-19-18HTF, Rainbow oil field; NENE 30-158-98; and,
  • 26918, conf, Samson Oil and Gas, Rainbow 10-19-18HBK, Rainbow oil field; NENE 30-158-98.
That's what I see and, of course, I could always be wrong. I don't see a "rig" icon sitting on the sites, but someone has written in telling me the GIS map has not been updated for quite some time.
If I missed another Samson Oil and Gas well in that area, please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment