Friday, July 17, 2015

Best Joke Of The Day -- The Dickinson Press -- July 17, 2015

I missed this the other day. This may be the funniest thing any reader has sent me in quite some time.

This was my original link regarding this story, quoting a Bismarck Tribune story.

I had to go back and re-read the Bismark Tribune article just to make sure I had not missed something; I had not.

Now this. A reader sent me the link to The Dickinson Press story with the same story.  If you are not sitting down now, I highly recommend you sit down before reading further. If you are sitting down on a bar stool, I would recommend you hang on to the counter, or stand up momentarily while reading The Dickinson Press story on the same subject. This is the very first paragraph:
As part of President Barack Obama’s all-of-the-above strategy to continue to expand safe and responsible domestic energy production, the Bureau of Land Management sold six federal leases on Tuesday. 
As part of President Obama's "all-of-the-above" energy strategy for the United States. LOL. 

That BLM netted less than $40,000. 

Apparently the BLM was so ecstatic with this sale, they've scheduled another sale about six months from now, although the year was not specified in the article:
The next Montana/Dakotas federal oil and gas lease sale is scheduled for Jan. 26 at BLM’s Montana State Office.
It appears President Obama's "all-of-the-above" energy strategy certainly does not include coal, Canadian oil (he killed the Keystone XL), or nuclear energy

Keep an eye on that Abby Kessler, a future community organizer. 

[Moments later, it just dawned on me that the article was a press release disguised as a genuine news article. It was obviously a press release from the office of the BLM in Washington, DC. Credit to The Bismarck Tribune to stick to the facts.]

No comments:

Post a Comment