Thursday, July 9, 2015

Natural Gas Fill Rate And Gasoline Demand; EIA's Gasoline Demand Graph Appears Not To Have Been Updated -- July 9, 2015

Natural gas fill rate: 91.
The fill rate is just above the 5-year average. In the East Region, stocks were 77 Bcf below the 5-year average following net injections of 69 Bcf.
Gasoline demand: although the EIA site says the data was released July 8,2015, the graph from last week has not been updated. I use the graph at the very bottom of the page. I don't know if the data itself has been updated. It says finished motor gasoline was 9.532 million bbls/day in the week ending 7/3/15. That looks to be identical to what was reported last week, but I did not save that exact number, just posting the graph.

I always thought the the graph and the spreadsheet matched, but obviously they don't; this is today's screen shot which the EIA said was released on July 8, 2015:



[Note, July 16, 2015: I just noticed a mistake. I circled the "week ending" numbers but the graph is showing the 4-week average; however the graph is still not updated from the week before.]

The spreadsheet above links to the next spreadsheet



 I am obviously misreading something; I can't explain it. More to follow I'm sure. Maybe the EIA had the same technical glitch that the NYSE, United Airlines, Wall Street Journal and MDU had yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment