Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Emmys: Apple Had Another Huge Night -- September 13, 2022

The complete winners list: link here. I could be wrong but clicking on this link could slow your browser down. Or maybe it's just my system this morning. But I doubt it.

Huge win for Apple: link here. This is what all of Hollywood will be reading about this a.m. Hollywood:

  • huge influencer;
  • lots of money.

"Ted Lasso": emmys for:

  • best comedy
  • best lead actor in a comedy series
  • best supporting actor in a comedy series

Elite eight:

  • In the award show’s 74 years, only eight shows have won in their first season and then repeated to win for season two
    • Ted Lasso,
    • Modern Family, 
    • 30 Rock, 
    • Frasier, 
    • The Golden Girls, 
    • Cheers, 
    • All in the Family, and,
    • The Phil Silvers Show.

Cost to watch the series

  • $4.99/month on Apple TV+. Promos might make it less.  Watching it at your friend's house: $0.00.

Irony:

  • The 74th annual Emmy Awards were held at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California.

********************************
Career Day

Sophia is in third grade.

Since first grade she has been asking me to be a presenter at "career day."

Last night, on the way to jiu-jitsu and ballet dance, Sophia asked me again to attend "career day."

I am not looking forward to that. When I bring my F-15 helmet and g-suit, I completely blow away the insurance agent's presentation.

So, to avoid answering yes or no, I ask Sophia when career day is? 

Her answer: May 23rd.

It's going to be a long school year.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh. A pilot too! F15s. Way cool. Very impressive.
    Pilot here too, and an Air Traffic Controller/Manager as well.

    ReplyDelete