Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Investing Thoughts -- June 8, 2022

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them

A reader asked my thoughts on my own personal investing (not trading, but investing). Here is my e-mail reply, not-ready-for-prime time and is not investment advice. It's just my rambling and a reply to a reader who just asked a question.

1. Long-term or short-term, the answers would be the same. Just different styles of investing.

2. Energy stocks have not kept up with price of crude oil nor the profits that the oil companies will report. If companies do not reward shareholders with vastly increased dividends, shares won't rise to match the growth in profits.

3. Investors are holding or selling their tech and meme-stocks; not buying tech and meme-stocks. Most are keeping that money in cash fearing recession or worse. Those who haven't moved into oil and gas are not going to move in now. Either they will never like oil and gas for some reason or they feel they have missed the big move.

4. We have plenty of time to move back into tech. At least a year.

5. We've yet to see the huge sell-off / capitulation in retail and especially in restaurants. I have a great graphic on restaurants; you've probably seen it. Dining out is way down.

6. For the first time in years, I am not fully invested. I generally invest as soon as my dividends are posted. Now, I will wait for the end of the month when I will have a huge amount to invest. I will buy AMZN (now with the split) and I will buy GOOG (after the split). By the end of every month, I will remain fully invested.

7. New money each month: I'm sticking to my 50% (Buffett-like stocks); 30% tech; and, 20% Permian. With few exceptions, I won't  invest in companies that don't pay dividends.

8. Buffett-like: example, UNP. DE might be interesting.

9. Tech: example, AMZN, GOOG. No EVs ever.

10. Permian: will buy oil and gas until things change.

2 comments:

  1. now that i know what your plans are, i'll be out there front-running you the day before you move..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you take my advice, I can guarantee you will lose money. LOL. The above is just idle chatter. LOL. But it's all in good fun.

      Delete