Tuesday, May 3, 2011

178! Number of Active Rigs in North Dakota -- A New Record

I was out and about all day so I missed this, but "anonymous" sent me a note telling me "we" hit 178 active rigs in North Dakota today.  "Anonymous" has always been correct on this, so I will ow show 178 as the new record.

Right now, it's back to 177.

This is quite incredible. The number of active rigs shown at the NDIC website yesterday was 173 rigs.  I did not check it this morning before I left for the day.

Road restrictions probably coming to an end, and hopefully that was the last blizzard for the season, and increased activity is expected.

4 comments:

  1. Is there a place to find wells taken off the active list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I know of. The GIS map server identifies wells that are permanently abandoned, but wells can be taken off-line for any number of reasons and we wouldn't know about it.

    During the snowstorms in January / February earlier this year, almost 700 wells were shut in for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total Rigs: 179

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I missed it. I'm away from computer much more due to traveling.

    I will update. Again I really appreciate your taking time to comment.

    ReplyDelete