July 16, 2017: America's #1 cheerleader --
July 16, 2017: add nine more states to the list of sub-$2.00 gasoline (make America great again):
- Iowa: $1.94
- North Dakota: $1.92
- Wyoming: $1.86
- Colorado: $1.98
- South Dakota: $1.99
- Nebraska: $1.89
- Kansas: $1.87
- Illinois: $1.81
- Missouri: $1.84
- South Carolina, $1.95 (the state's very low gas tax is well below the national average)
- Alabama, $1.97
- Oklahoma, $1.98
- Mississippi, $1.99
- Arkansas, $1.99
- Three states near the $2.00-mark: Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, and Louisiana
From the archives:
By the way, I'm being told that the video above is fake. Either part of Obama's speech was deleted by the Russians, or he turned from the monitor too soon and missed the rest of the statement.
President Obama's entire statement on this issue was apparently this: "We can't just drill our way to lower gas prices; we need to frack, too. Especially in the Bakken. And maybe even off-shore."
Connecting the Natural Gas Dots
Unless you've been under the Geico Rock for the past two months you know that:
- the US and the EU are charting different paths for energy
- having said that, the handshake between Trump and Macron lasted 25 seconds (CNBC)
- the US doesn't care much for the Mideast except maybe Saudi Arabia; the Trump administration policy: "at least it's better than the alternative (Iran)"
- Qatar's neighbors are upset about Qatar; Saudi has imposed sea-lane quarantine on Qatar
- Qatar has a lot of natural gas
- France uses a lot of natural gas
- France plans to close a significant number of nuclear plants, saying it doesn't want to become overly dependent on nuclear energy (German and US engineers hold that card) and, apparently, would rather become overly dependent on Qatar natural gas instead
- if no relief, France will have to ask the EU to approve a Russian natural gas pipeline to Paris
I can't make this stuff up.
Air Canada Pilots: Color-Blind Or Just Plain Idiots
Link here. I can't make this stuff up.
Congress needs to write a new law: Air Canada planes need to land on runways, not taxiways. It would help prevent near accidents like this. Would a robotic pilot have done a better job?Of course.