- 33468, 2,456, CLR, Ransom 2-30H, Elidah, t12/18; cum 321K 2/20;
- 33467, 1,033, CLR, Ransom 3-30H1, Elidah, t2/19; cum 32K 2/20; off line most of the time since completed;
- 33466, 1,357, CLR, Ransom 4-30H, Elidah, t2/19; cum 266K 2/20;
- 33643, 1,711, CLR, Ransom 5-30H2, Elidah, t12/18; cum 266K 2/20;
- 33465, 1,593, CLR, Omlid 2-19H, Elidah, t2/19; cum 213K 2/20;
- 33464, 1,346, CLR, Omlid 3-19H1, Elidah, t3/19; cum 167K 2/20;
- 33463, 1,029, CLR, Omlid 4-19H, Elidah, t3/19; cum 142K 2/20;
- 33462, 1,622, CLR, Omlid 5-19H2, Elidah, t12/18; cum 209K 2/20;
- 34644 2,236, CLR, Anderson 11X-4HSL, Crazy Man Creek, t10/18; cum 277K 2/20;
- 33651, 1,429, CLR, Ransom 6-30H1, Elidah, t12/18; cum 157K 2/20;
- 33650, 1,219, CLR, Ransom 7-30H, Elidah, t6/18; cum 287K 2/20;
- 33649, 1,112, CLR, Ransom 8-30HSL2, Elidah, t2/19; cum 137K 2/20;
- 33648, 1,564, CLR, Ransom 4-30HSL, Elidah, t2/19; cum 217K 2/20;
- 33647, 935, CLR, Omlid 7-19H1, Elidah, t2/19; cum 169K 2/20;
- 33646, 1,421, CLR, Omlid 8-19H, Elidah, t12/18; cum 219K 2/20;
- 33914, 1,153, CLR, Omlid 9-19HSL2, Elidah, t2/19; cum 109K 2/20;
- 33915, 2,030, CLR, Omlid 10-19HSL, Elidah, t2/19; cum 261K 2/20;
- 21542, 2,978, BR, Ivan 11-29TFH, Elidah, t7/12; cum 295K 2/20;
- 31767, conf, BR, Ivan 2-1-29MBH, Elidah,
- 31768, conf, BR, Ivan 3-1-29UTFH, Elidah,
- 31769, conf, BR, Ivan 4-1-29MBH, Elidah,
- 31770, conf, BR, Ivan 5-1-29UTFH, Elidah,
- 19712, 372, BR, Ivan 1-29H, t3/11; cum 220K 2/20 off line 5/19; remains off line 11/19; nine days in 2020;
- 31773, 268, BR, Ivan 6-1-29UTFH, t10/18; cum 199K 2/20;
- 31772, 19, BR, Ivan 7-1-29MBH, t11/18; cum 214K 2/20;
- 31771, 77, BR, Sanvan 8-1-29UTFH, ULW, t11/18; cum 135K 2/20;
- 34146, 50, BR, Sanvan 1A-MBH-ULW, Elidah, t11/18; cum 197K 2/20;
- 36408, conf, BR,
- 36407, conf, BR,
- 36406, conf, BR,
- 36405, conf, BR,
- 19357, 441, CLR, Sandie 1-28H, t12/10; cum 177K 2/20;
- 18472, 364, CLR, Muri 1-27H, Elidah, t3/10; cum 171K 2/20;
- 36698, conf, BR,
- 36699, conf, BR,
- 36700, conf, BR,
- 36701, conf, BR,
- 36702, conf, BR,
- 31618, PNC, BR,
- 31613, 450, BR, t2/18; cum 329K 2/20;
- 31612, 419, BR, t2/18; cum 247K 2/20;
- 31611, 467, BR, t2/18; cum 301K 2/20;
- 31610, 349, BR, t2/18; cum 262K 2/20;
- 19586, 539, BR, He 1-20H, Elidah, t2/11; cum 371K 2/20;
- 31616, 25, BR, He 6-8-20UTFH, t9/19; cum 19K over first 30 days; cum 66K 2/20;
- 31615, 10, BR, He 7-8-20MBH, t9/19; cum 18K over first 30 days; cum 80K 2/20;
- 31614, 20, BR, Hefer 808020 UTHF-ULW, Eliday, t9/19; cum 22K over first 30 days; cum 71K 2/20;
- 36613, conf, BR,
- 36614, conf, BR,
- 36615, conf, BR,
- 36616, conf, BR,
- 19083, 183, CLR, Shafer 1-21H, Elidah, t10/10; cum 224K 2/20; off line 2/20;
September 23, 2019:
February 11, 2019:
April 3, 2017:
I believe this is the first graphic I've posted of this area in the Bakken. This is where I will track the CLR Ransom - Omlid wells. I will not track the BR wells at this post.
April 4, 2017: from a reader regarding the proposed 5-well CLR Omlid/Random pad --
This is a little more background on the Continental Resources Omlid/Ransom wells based on a NDIC hearing last fall.
The 4 Omlid permits issued yesterday are to drill north in sections 19 and 18. The 3 Ransom wells will drill south into sections 30-31.
According to the hearing, Continental plans to drill a similar number of wells in each direction at some later point from a second pad in the north part of section 30.
It is interesting to note, the Omlid wells will be made up of two middle Bakken, one first bench Three Forks and one second bench Three Forks.
The Ransom wells show one middle Bakken, one TF bench one and one TF bench two.
The original Ransom well drilled from south to north in section 30 is a middle Bakken well, drilled in 2011.
The Omlid unit (sections 19-18, 151-97) already has a Three Forks third bench well which has been producing since 2013. It has totaled 184,000 barrels oil and still made more than 2,500 barrels in February 2017. It has to be one of the best, if not the best, third bench well in the central Williston Basin.
This is all the more interesting since most all the recent Three Forks drilling has been held to the first bench by most operators. The only exception is a couple of Oasis wells drilled to the second bench last fall. These wells are 6 miles west of the Omlid/Ransom unit.For newbies:
I have said on the blog that by late 2014, just when the Saudis announced a surge in production resulting in a huge drop in oil prices, the middle Bakken was pretty well mapped out by the operators.
They were just beginning to complete the process of mapping out the Three Forks.
Meanwhile, the second and third bench still had a long way to go.
So, things continue to move slowly in the lower benches, but gradually we are getting there.
The other interesting thing about the Omlid-Ransom wells, of course: the close proximity BR and CLR are working; I've seen this elsewhere. I understand the process. But it sure begs the question to what degree the two companies are working together and if there could ever be a closer, more "official" relationship.
And one other note: this is the Elidah oil field which is interesting in and of itself.