- The Mideast in a post-Trump world;
- Tensions heating up?
- Biden admits defeat in Afghanistan; Dunkirk evacuation; first US casualties since Feb 2020;
- Mexico on the cusp
- Venezuela: a friend in Washington? hits rock bottom (September, 2021; China eyes)
- surging natural gas prices across Europe
- US, under Biden, rejoins the global push to pivot from "black" to "green"
- Costa Azul
- Cold snap, France: ruined vineyards
- Cold snap, Germany: took out grains like rapeseed (canola);
- US drought;
- Farmers to the world
Bubbles or good investments?
- EVs (Tesla, others)
- "Long-haulers"; the fibromyalgia syndrome of the 2020's;
- September 5, 2021: the story has disappeared;
- football stadiums full, fall, 2021; no masks
- in less than 24 hours, the Americans (and the rest of the world) forgot about Afghanistan
- this may be an option for those who want to invest in leading edge tech but have no idea where to invest;
- pure play EVs may have advantage;
- hybrid manufactures: legacy manufacturers who branch into EVs, and commit to EVs -- may have real disadvantage
- incredibly difficult to read the tea leaves
- ex: New York State governor signs bill to end selling of gas-using automobiles in her state as of 2035; no one knows this will happen, but how does GM, Ford plan for this?