Friday, May 18, 2018

Bakken Economy -- May 18, 2018

Not sure how these two stories are related but I assume someone knows something I do not:


I did not read the article. I assume the "new birthing center" is not co-located with the new trampoline park but I do know that it's a) getting crowded in Williston, with all the development; and, b) it takes time to get building permits. Maybe only one permit was needed for a trampoline park with birthing center.

**********************************
Update On The New Williston Airport

Track the new Williston airport here.


Somehow I'm relieved that, as far as I am aware, the new birthing center and trampoline park will not be co-located with the airport.

62 recent photos of the new airport at this link, and although you will be "bugged" to open an account, you can view the photos without a Facebook account an/or without logging in. 

********************************
A Note For The Granddaughters

It is interesting how things work out.

I've been listening to a lot of Scott Adams the past few weeks. Very uplifting messages.

This past week my 95-year-old father took a turn for the worse, and I did not think he would make it to next week.

Today, out of the blue, my sister who lives in Portland, OR, who is visiting our dad in Williston, ND, connected our dad and me on Facetime. We had a great conversation. His only concern today was not missing bingo. He seems better than ever.

Minutes after that Facetime event a 7-year-old Hispanic approached me inside the coffee shop with a note saying his family with four children had no money, yada, yada, yada ...

I was not in an area where I felt comfortable ....

Last night we wanted to take out-of-town family visitors for dinner. It would have cost $60 to $100. For whatever reason, we did not go out to dinner -- and thus I had cash in my billfold (which I normally do not).

I later caught up with the "homeless" Hispanic of four. Only two children were in tow with their mom. One was a daughter (I presume) that would not have been much older than Sophia.

They should have a nice lunch.

Funny how things all play out.

No comments:

Post a Comment