Thursday, June 6, 2013

Amazon Amazing

I ordered a new power cord for my Apple laptop Tuesday night, well into the evening. Normally, I rely on free mailing because I generally don't need things all that quickly. Due to my upcoming traveling, I wanted to get the power cord in 3 - 5 business days so paid the shipping costs (reasonable). Two-day shipping and overnight shipping much more expensive, but I didn't need it that fast, and in the end it got her in less than 48 hours anyway. 

It was either that same evening or the next day: I received an e-mail from Amazon telling me that the order had been shipped. This a.m. I received a reminder suggesting the item would arrive June 6 (which is today).

Sure enough: when I got back to the house, there it was. I ordered this Tuesday night, and received it midday Thursday.

Two comments:
  • Amazon's movement into grocery delivery in urban centers could be very, very successful
  • okay, just one; the other one is not necessary

2 comments:

  1. Are you planning any time in Williston this summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not, due to all the other traveling I have this summer. Maybe at the end of the summer, but even that is very tentative.

      Delete