I would have missed this one.
For now, just link: http://www.petroleumnewsbakken.com/pnads/332044443.shtml. It is a very, very good update.
Quick summary of that interview:
- 378,000 acres (258,000 in ND; rest in Montana)
- drilled 150 wells in 2012
- fewer than 150 wells to be drilled in 2013
- rig count to average 12, one less than 2012
- norm: 7-well pads: 4 MB, 3TF
- shipping almost exclusively by rail; mostly to east coast
- looking at shipping to Vancouver
- rail for 3 - 4 more years; looking for pipeline infrastructure to catch up
- lower benches of the TF? won't research; will follow what others are doing in the Bakken, then drill
- study group in Williston/Austin looking how to use natural gas driving artificial lifts