Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Fake News Is Bad Enough; I Don't Know If Poor Reporting In The WSJ Makes It Even Worse -- June 26, 2018

This was buried in an earlier post but is so important.

Earlier this week there was an article in The WSJ regarding OPEC and US shale. Many folks who commented on the article thought is made no sense whatsoever. I didn't pay much attention to it, especially after reading this in the comment section:
One reporter has been writing about energy for the WSJ for three months. But she has a BA in Literature (Magna Cum Laude) from Harvard so I guess that qualifies her to write about energy.
The other reporter has been covering energy for the WSJ for 1 yr and 7 months. Prior to that role he was a Legal Reporter.   But he has a Master's degree in Journalism so I guess that qualifies him. 
So it's no surprise that they sound like they know little about the energy business.  It is a common occurrence in the Wall Street Journal.  This is what I am paying over $400 per year for.  And they cannot even get the print version to me on a regular basis. 

2 comments:

  1. I,too, have a bone to pick with the WSJ. I'm OK with the $400/yr; leastwise, I was until several months ago when they sent me an opportunity to invite a friend to subscribe for $199/yr. So, I'm supposed to pay retail while serving as their marketing arm in Arizona? Is this a great country or what!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty funny. Same with incentives for cable television, credit cards, new bank accounts, etc, but current customers only see price increases. LOL.

      Delete