Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Feature

At the sidebar at the right, I have a short widget, "By the Numbers."

Someone suggested I put the price paid for Bakken oil.

This was my reply:
I don't want to put a "Bakken" price in like I do for a WTI price because the Bakken price varies across multiple brokers.

Of course, that's true for WTI, also, but most folks quote the WTI price that's quoted on television crawlers.

When you get to the link, you can see North Dakota sweet (Bakken) as well as sour (Spearfish).

Having said all this, be advised that the prices at the link have little correlation with what you actually get paid. Most oil is sold on contracts with hedges and collars.

But with your suggestion I have a quick way to get to other prices of crude oil.
We'll see how it works out.

**********************

A Note To the Grandaughters

These two clips have quite a story. Someday we will talk about them. Tonight, after driving home from swimming, you (Arianna) mentioned that you enjoyed listening to Roy Orbison.

Runaway, The Traveling Wilburys


Runaway, Del Shannon


Walk Away, Del Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment