Tuesday, May 19, 2020

"Happy Talk" -- May 19, 2020

I haven't looked at Yahoo!Finance for about three months now, I suppose. I am unable to "handle" a market sell-off to this extent. But yesterday, I took a couple of screenshots with the huge rally, and finally, today, I am dipping my toes back into internet-based financial news. I won't watch network or cable news. I will unlikely ever go back to television except TCM, the Andy Griffith show, and occasionally -- very occasionally -- sports.

NASCAR this past Sunday was great, and we have another Darlington, NC, NASCAR race tomorrow evening. But I digress.

The story that caught my eye was the Yahoo!Finance story in response to Trump's announcement, that like many front line health professionals and first responders he is taking hydroxychloroquine and zinc. The story was written by Yahoo!Finance's senor reporter, Anjalee Khemiani, who is most likely a noted expert in medicine and molecular biology, along with St Greta of Sweden.

Her premise: apparently some folks don't like "happy talk." As for me, I prefer to start with "happy talk" and then explore the pros and cons, rather than see things as a curmudgeon, and then perhaps look at the pros and cons from a curmudgeon's point of view.

Chloroquine and hydroxyhloroquine have been around forever and the World Health Organization seems to assert it is one of the safest medications ever to be developed, sort of like aspirin or acetaminophen. I don't known but my own personal experience -- which, along with 69 cents will buy you a "senior" cup of McDonald's coffee -- thirty years in the US military -- is that hydroxychloroquine is incredibly safe, and incredibly inexpensive.

But maybe things have changed. I don't know.

But I do know I prefer "happy talk" to its opposite.

By the way, I remain incredibly optimistic. More "happy talk." LOL. 

**************************************
Corky Practicing For Her Recital


No comments:

Post a Comment