- Fondomonte Farms, a subsidiary of Saudi Arabia's Almarai -- one of the largest food production companies in the world
- alfalfa: export to Saudi Arabia to be fed to milk cows
- Almarai: 93,000 cows in Saudi Arabia
- Almarai: sells milk products throughout the world, including the US
- alfalfa: a water-intensive crop
- great background to the Colorado River story
- big loser: Arizona
- biggest loser: Mexico
- while US Congress investigates Trump, and Jerry Brown promotes the "bullet train," Saudi Arabia is quietly buying up US water rights
- great article; hopefully it won't be lost in the ethernet
Presidential politics: polling at Real Clear Politics -- Ms Klobucher is an also-ran at 2%. But she out-polls Hickenlooper; Inslee; Castro; Buttigieg, and Bugs Bunny. The latter needs to be fact-checked.
Red-Tailed Hawk: when they were living in the Boston area, the oldest granddaughter loved spotting red-tailed hawks.
Apple News: $9.99/month for 300 publications. Wow. Link here. Two words: information overload. Part of the list:
The Atlantic, Better Homes & Gardens, Bon Appétit, Condé Nast Traveler, ELLE, Entertainment Weekly,
ESPN The Magazine, Esquire, Food & Wine, Good Housekeeping, GQ, Health, InStyle, Martha Stewart Living,
National Geographic, New York Magazine, The New Yorker, O, The Oprah Magazine, Parents, People, Real Simple, Rolling Stone, Runner’s World,
Sports Illustrated, TIME, Travel + Leisure, Vanity Fair, Vogue, WIRED and Woman’s Day
The Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times and Toronto Star, Canada’s largest daily newspaper.
Apple News+ also provides access to premium online publications such as theSkimm, The Highlight by Vox, New York Magazine’s sites Vulture, The Cut and Grub Street, and Extra Crunch from Verizon Media’s TechCrunch.Everything Apple announced earlier today at warp speed: in six minutes.
The market: "everything" was down today. Except NOG. Up 1.3%.
Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or what you think you may have read here.