Monday, March 25, 2019

Paradise

Most mornings my wife drives the older granddaughters to school and gets the youngest granddaughter, Sophia ready for "school." I drive Sophia to TutorTime.

I try to teach Sophia a bit about the weather, and weather terms, on the way to TutorTime. Today, on the way out to the car she noticed all the fallen limbs and leaves today after a pretty windy thunderstorm last night. But the morning itself was now incredibly beautiful with the bright morning sun in our eyes and not a cloud in the sky.

I said to Sophia: "Isn't this a beautiful day. Is this paradise?"

Sophia replied, very quietly, almost soft enough so that maybe I wouldn't hear, perhaps thinking I was crazy. She said,  "This is Texas."

2 comments:

  1. That would make North Dakota God's front yard? Maybe that's why we always referred to the Montana-Dakotas as "God's Country."

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God's_Country

    ReplyDelete