Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Alberta Bakken -- May 12, 2016

This is so cool. A reader reminds me about "the Alberta Bakken." I actually have this in my list of other plays at the sidebar at the right.

For newbies: my daily posts are there for enjoyment, entertainment. The real meat of the blog is all that stuff in the archives over at the sidebar.

Granite Oil:
A huge "thank you" to the reader for alerting me to this site. 

*****************************
Note to the Granddaughters

So, I'm sitting here in Starbucks, the new one on Tate, Grapevine, Texas. A young father -- blue-collar type -- has just sat down, and across from him are his two children (I assume, unless I'm witnessing an "amber alert" in progress) -- a son about four years old, a daughter about three years old.

They both have their snacks and they are thrilled.

The boy got a large pastry from a little Starbucks paper bag and he seems to be in "seventh heaven," as they say.

His sister, meanwhile, is even more thrilled. She got one of those clear plastic containers with multiple items to choose from. Like I have seen so many times before, she looked at the plastic container for several long seconds before opening it. She was studying what was in it. Then she opened it and is now selecting which snacks to eat first. I think the first item she chose was a cheese slice. Now she has a red-skinned apple slice and a yellow-skinned apple slice, one in each hand, trying to choose which one to eat first. She now has the red-skinned apple slide across her mouth, making it look like one large set of lips -- which all kids do. Her dad just took a photo with his iPhone.

I should have him send me a copy of the photo. LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment