Sunday, September 15, 2019

Happy Days Are Here Again -- A Goldilocks Frame Of Mind-- And Great Music -- September 15, 2019

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, career, travel, job, or relationship ....

.... break, break, I don't care what you say. I finally remembered the song that I couldn't recall.

First, this was the song I was listening to last night ...

One Headlight, The Wallflowers

.... and it reminded me of another song. But I couldn't recall .... now, 24 hours later, it's here! Wow! I just love the way the human frontal lobe -- or is it the parietal lobe ... probably the latter ... works .... 

My Love For Evermore, The Hilly Moon Explosion
 
... now back to where I was ...

.... decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

Wow, I'm in a great mood.

Right now,I'm in a Goldilocks frame of mind. The market was flirting with new highs when we last left it last week. But oil and gas sector was dragging.

Now, today ... the Dow drops 115 points. A rounding error in the big scheme of things, but WTI? Up 12% or thereabouts. Happy days are here again.

Harold Hamm must be smiling. He would have lots to say about this.

Is Oilprice reporting anything? Nothing.

Wow.

Futures: Dow recovering a bit.

WTI: up 10%. Now trading, in pre-market, at $60.66.

Saudi is going to see this and realize that, hey, cutting back production might be the answer. Well, duh?

Later: see first comment. A reader nominates the House of Saud for the 2019 Geico Rock Award.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps the House of Saud might qualify for the GEICO lifetime award!

    Great music BTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy mackerel! I was just updating the 2019 Geico Rock Award nominees; had just posted it and was now checking my mail. Holy mackerel.

      https://themilliondollarway.blogspot.com/2019/09/nominees-for-2019-geico-rock-award.html.

      https://themilliondollarway.blogspot.com/2019/09/when-it-rains-it-pours-busy-busy-sunday.html.

      Thank you for your kind words on the music. It is fun.

      Delete