- state and federal investigations into whether she used bulk sales of her self-published children's book "Heathy Holly" to disguise kickbacks [I'm shocked, I'm shocked]
- first-term Democratic mayo
Baltimore: soaring crime, illicit drugs, and inept leaders. But other than that, things are just peachy.Folks may remember, it was very good when it was good -- President Obama gave Baltimore $3 million / job created as part of his "job stimulus program.
If you can find it, the most recent CNN presidential polling is quite remarkable, apparently. Rush spoke to it; I've not looked for it. CNN apparently has not released all of it or something to that effect.
2020 Democratic presidential nomination, link here:
- Beto fades; still in sixth place, but now polling about 5 - 6%; at that number won't be able to get any delegates;
- among the group behind Biden/Bernie, Pocahontas is the one to beat, the latter polling at 8%
- Bernie could be fading, it appears based on polling trend, just as the fight for super-delegates begins
- it's not statistically significant, but it appears that Sanders faded significantly after Biden formally entered but Bernie remains solid/steady at 20% -- and that's where it will likely stand
- for Biden to break above 33%, he will need to steal support from Cory Booker, et al.
- the big question is whether those candidates polling 1% will even be on the debate stage, and, if so, will they get any delegates at the DNC convention?
- if not, it's Biden's nomination at this point.
- if Biden is denied twice, is it likely his supporters will show out to vote in the general, no matter how much they hate Trump?
- that 30% for Biden is deceptive: it would suggest that no one will get the nomination on the first vote and that's likely to happen if Pocahontas, Buttigieg, and Kamala can each get 10% of the delegates; Bernie and Biden would split the remaining 70%; it could be close
- a lot depends on how the super-delegate issue is handled
- emotionally: I still think there is a strong chance for a brokered convention
- rationally: the DNC will ensure that the convention does not go woke