Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Road To Colombia -- March 20, 2019

From SeekingAlpha, Colombia rejects Conoco's bid to frack.
  • Colombia's government has nixed two environmental licensing requests made by ConocoPhillips  and Canacol Energy for fracking projects in northern Cesar province
  • the companies reportedly failed to meet minimum conditions for the Piranga project, while the Plata project raised possible water protection concerns
  • a commission convened by the government to study non-conventional exploration methods has recommended strict monitoring of three pilot projects to determine whether fracking techniques should be widely used
  • COP holds an 80% stake in the projects and Canacol the remaining 20%
Or as the Colombian president said, "Let them eat cake." 

No comments:

Post a Comment