Here is the status of wells for permits issued to Helis in 2011. I think the narratives for several of the wells will give one an idea of the well design used by Helis, the formation target, etc.:
- 20591, 2,656, QEP/Helis, Jones 4-15/22H, Three Forks, Blue Buttes oil field, t4/12; cum 586K 11/17; 28 stages; 3.4 million pounds; 100% ceramics; vertical hole, 137 hours; horizontal, 286 hours; 28 days total; middle Bakken 38' thick here; "recently the NDGS has reclassified the lower approximate 10' of the Lower Bakken Shale as a stratigraphically and litholgically distinct unit. The unit now referred to as the Pronghorn Member is present in Blue Buttes Field. The unit thickness is variable and in some wells the interval has not been observed.... gas show in the Three Forks was encouraging .. 1,000 to 1,500 units .. increased to 4,000 units... then to 6,500 units...10-20' trip flare...."
- 20780, 2,190, QEP/Helis, Henderson 1-28/33H, Grail, t6/12; cum 495K 11/17;
- 21052, 1,684, QEP/Helis, Moberg 15-22/15H, Three Forks, Grail, t12/11; cum 298K 11/17; 28 stages; 3.1 million pounds; 100% ceramics; vertical, 132 hours; horizontal, 199 hours; spud August 26; reached total depth on November 6 (the surface was spud August 26; the big rig did not re-enter until October 4), so about 32 days total drilling; Pronghorn about 6' feet thick in this well, but averages 10' in this area; 1,500 units of gas; 3 - 5' flares;
- 21054, 1,601, QEP/Helis, Veeder 1-27/34H, Grail, t2/12; cum 345K 11/17;
- 21331, 2,164, QEP/Helis, Foreman 5-2/1H, Three Forks, Spotted Horn, t1/12; cum 368K 11/17; 28 stages; 3.4 million pounds proppants; 100% ceramics; vertical 144 hours; horizontal, 308 hours; 33 days total; "recently the NDGS has reclassified the lower approximate 10' of the Lower Bakken Shale as a stratigraphically and litholgically distinct unit. The unit now referred to as the Pronghorn Member is present in Spotted Horn and surrounding fields; the Pronghorn is approx 8 feet thick in the Forman well; in the Three Forks, gas units as high as 3,413 units; flares were 2 - 5' in height; a sustained 10 - 15' flare was burned for about 30 minutes near the end."
- 21437, 2,256, QEP/Helis, Lawlar 16-8/5H, Grail, t4/12; cum 386K 11/17;
- 21456, 2,014, QEP/Helis, TAT 13-35/26H, Grail; t7/12; cum416K 11/17;
- 21521, 1,521, QEP/Helis, Dailey 4-12/13H, Spotted horn, t3/12; cum 419K 11/17;
- 21564, 2,288, QEP/Helis, Levang Federal 14-21/16h, Blue Buttes; t8/12; cum 649K 11/17;
QEP did their homework.