A graphic is worth a thousand tweets, link here.
A star is born: the recall effort to remove Governor Newsom from office will backfire. He will become a national celebrity and run for federal office.
And we move on.
Covid-19, from mcm-ct (raise your hand if you accept this):
Flu cases in USA:
- 2012 - 34 million
- 2013 - 30 million
- 2014 - 30 million
- 2015 - 24 million
- 2016 - 29 million
- 2017 - 45 million
- 2018 - 36 million
- 2019 - 38 million
- 2020 - 1,822 cases -- that's not a typo
One wonders to what extent reporting makes a difference.Cases: The US is testing folks over and over and over (ask the athletes). I doubt the (sub-continent) Indians are testing anywhere near to the degree that we are testing. The same probably holds true for Israel.An aside: my incredibly healthy adult daughter, a Ph.D. nurse, has been fully vaccinated; was exposed to laboratory-proved Covid in her home (her husband had a relatively severe disease not requiring hospitalization); and, although most of her practice is still on line, she says she will gladly be tested weekly if her employee wants her tested weekly. She will be tested today (again).Deaths: The US health care sector has great (Medicare) financial incentive to report deaths related to / due to / associated with Covid -- and a lot of those diagnoses were clinically-diagnosed by attending physician and not confirmed by any laboratory test.We have at least three arenas in which Covid is being followed:
- the political arena;
- the business community; and,
- the entertainment community (to include sports).Public schools? I consider public education part of the political arena.
It is obvious that the business community and the entertainment community have moved on.Of the two (business and entertainment), business is most important. Sports makes my weekends less boring but I learned to live without sports during the plague year.The concern about delta is a wonderful thing for the economy. It slowed things down from getting out of control (inflation, growth, etc). The bull market will be pulled along an additional year because of delta. I'm not complaining.
Back to the Bakken
Twenty-four active oil & gas rigs, per the NDIC daily activity report.
One new permit, #38558 --
- Operator: Kraken
- Field: Ellisville (Williams)
- Kraken has a permit for a Maddie section line well to be sited in NENE 9-158-99;
- 375 FNL and 429 FEL
Twelve permits renewed:
- MRO (7): MRO renewed seven permits for wells in section 33-152-93: Betty Lou USA; Laverne USA; Duane USA; Lillian USA; Dawson USA; Gladheim USA; and, Olive USA; Mountrail County:
- Nine Point Energy (3): three Sanders permits in McKenzie County
- XTO: one Carus State Federal permit in Dunn County
- BR: one Saddle Jerome permit in Dunn County;
Two producing wells (DUCs) reported as completed:
- 38175, 758, Iron Oil Operating, Antelope 2-32-29H,
- 38088, 768, Iron Oil Operating, Antelope 3-32-29H,
- a couple of older Iron Oil Operating wells of interest in the immediate vicinity of these DUCs; both showing subtle "halo effect," one greater than the there: #26708 and #26707;