Sunday, December 9, 2018

Apparently The NDIC "TOP LINE" Rig Count Is Accurate -- December 9, 2018

A huge apology to a reader. This note was sent to me three days ago and I missed it. I get a lot of e-mail and I can miss things.

With regard to "that" question about the NDIC rig count being inaccurate: a reader wrote the NDIC on this issue and got the following response:
Thank you for reaching out.
We are having some computer’s that are not syncing as per usual so the rigs are showing up for multi well pads.
For example if a with is drilling two wells on a pad both wells are showing up instead of the rig just once. It’s not affecting the rig count at the top but we are working on getting this glitch updated. 
So, direct from the "horse's mouth," as they say.

And a huge thank you from the reader for sending me this information.

Comment: the timing of the note is incredibly coincidental. I was going to post a note of my own regarding the rig count, but then forgot. If I post now what I was thinking then no one would believe me anyway so it won't be posted. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment