Saturday, August 29, 2015

Family Commitments -- August 29, 2015

I apologize for not posting much in the past 24 hours. I had family commitments last night and then again this morning, taking me through much of the day, into the afternoon.

I also felt I needed to take a bit of a break from the internet. 

But I will be back to "normal" by this evening, hopefully.

What fascinates me most today? Hurricane Erika. This site now doesn't even show a hurricane, simply calling it "remnants of Erika." And the winds in the Caribbean don't seem all that much stronger than what blows through North Dakota on a typical day. But wow, look at those winds in the north Atlantic, especially the whirling dervish smack dab right in the middle between Iceland and Ireland. And on the west side of Greenland, it ain't a whole lot better. There's another whirling dervish off the northeast coast of Alaska. One wonders what this is doing to the ice pack?

No comments:

Post a Comment