Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Slow News Day -- Sorry For Not So Many Posts

The wells that came off the confidential list earlier today have been posted -- along with some commentary.

For those that missed it: eighteen new permits were issued yesterday.

I have a "human interest" story on the Eldridge well southwest of Williston, along the Montana border. It's an important well for a couple of reasons, not the least of which, the degree to which the team kept pushing to get this well drilled. Quite impressive. This is in the Briar Creek oil field which I don't believe I have blogged about before.

I will be off the net for awhile -- swim team practice for the older granddaughter, etc., etc., etc. I will continue to post short snippets here if I find anything of interest.

Oh, it's amazing how fast service stations can adjust to changes in oil prices. This morning, walking the granddaughters to school, the price of least expensive gasoline was $3.99/gallon. On the way home from school, early release today, the price had dropped to $3.85. This particular station gets its gasoline from an "independent source, " if that's what it's called.

An interesting nugget tucked into stories about the drop in oil price: the price of natural gas is rallying. You know, this could be very, very interesting: the drop in the price of oil could be more than offset by the rallying price in natural gas.

Good luck to all.

2 comments:

  1. Bruce, this isn't related to this post, but I counted 9 active rigs for Oasis petroleum. I keep seeing 8 posted. Maybe this list is wrong, but in their conference call they would be using 9 and at some times 10, this of course can change I'm sure.

    https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/riglist.asp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct: the NDIC active rig site shows nine (9) Oasis rigs today. The "snapshot" I've always happened to see has been eight (8). I just checked the Oasis September Corporate Presentation: slide 9 says "9 to 10" contracted rigs.

      Again, remember, the NDIC active rig site is a "snapshot" in time, but I have to admit, it was strange that my views those those days of comparison happened to show eight rigs, but it appears that Oasis has 9 - 10 contracted rigs, as you noted.

      Delete