Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Political Page, Part 2, T+230 -- September 7, 2017

Sweet spot for investors: when an alt-right President starts cutting deals with the alt-left. It's very possible, investors may be talking about the "sweet spot" six months from now. Now that Trump is making deals with Pelosi and Schumer, it's hard to say where this will end. Trump has always had big plans; now he is working with idiots who think the country has the deep pockets to pay for these things. [Later, I see the European Central Bank is "keeping the door open" to even more stimulus. If this is not an open-book test, I do not know what is.]

Payback: I don't think I will post the link -- I'm really not all that interested -- but for the archives:  the Dems in the US Senate are looking to stop a Federal judge nomination of a UND (Notre Dame, not North Dakota) law professor because she's ..... a Catholic. I can only assume US Catholics (and, of course the Pope) are watching with horror. Haven't we seen this movie before? I guess that separation of church and state was just so much talk. Heaven forbid a Catholic on the Federal bench. For the Dems, Antonin Scalia was was a bridge too far.

Perhaps a Tibetan priest?

Zen, Twin Peaks

Warning: I'm in my Twin Peaks phase. Bear with me. It won't last more than a few days. But something about Washington (DC) has brought me full circle to the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment