Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 -- T+70, Part 5 -- Elon Musk -- Just Fooling -- No Price Cuts -- LOL

I can't make this stuff up. "Elon Musk reverses on Tesla price cuts." That's the headline. Here's the link and the story: never mind, who cares?

By the way, supposedly, Tesla will unveil Model Y, tomorrow, Thursday. I can hardly wait. LOL.

On another note. If you haven't gone out and bought a Marie Callender pie, you still have time.

Tomorrow is "global pi day." March 14. 3/14.

3.14.

3.14159265359

So, 3:14 is the date.

159226 is the time, which in modular 60 is 16:32.26.

So, pie at 4:32.26 p.m. local time.

Disclaimer: I often make simple mistakes when translating 60-modular time. 

And, then, of course, a cocktail (or two) [or three] starting at 5:00 p.m. 

I have two treasured items that I will be passing on to our younger daughter who will pass it on to our middle granddaughter.

The first treasured item: a USAF academy engraved sword.

The second treasured item: my set of four Robert Oppenheimer martini glasses. Perhaps the best cocktail glasses I have ever seen. Period. Dot.  


**************************
Vaccinations

It's pretty sad when we have to re-educate millennials about the efficacy of vaccinations. Been there, done that, no longer care. Fortunately, our grandchildren live in a state where common sense for the most part still prevails. [Exception: the 48% that vote for Beto.]

***************************
Notes To The Granddaughters

I retired in 2007 at the age of 57. I stayed right on schedule; that was planned decades ago.

I have now been retired 12.6 years (twelve years and six months).

The government has paid me a few dollars in pension since 2007.

So, retired 12.6 years. Wow. And 12.6 years with the daughters and granddaughters.

No bucket list, but if I had a bucket list, it would be pretty much completed by now.

I have no regrets how things worked out. There were many forks in the road between 1977 and 2007 and any of the forks would have been fine.
  
There were three geographical forks early on:
  • North Dakota
  • California 
  • Boston
I was fortunate enough to have traveled all three forks for awhile before they converged and then separated into two forks again:
  • Yorkshire
  • Texas 
I'll leave it at that for now.

Okay, one more item: there was a significant other in my life. I wish everyone had her attitude about personal relationships.  


No comments:

Post a Comment