Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Keystone XL 2.0 North Discussion In The New York Times

I'm pretty tired of reading about the Keystone, but I'm taking a break, having read a bit more of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and was surfing the net, on a day that turned out to be more newsworthy than I had expected when I started blogging this morning.

I noted that The New York Times had a "discussion"on the Keystone. Eight "debaters" provided an essay. The "debate" is: Is Keystone Worth The Fight? I actually read the first couple paragraphs by Bill McKibben, activist environmentalist who is probably the face of the Nebraska crowd to stop the Keystone. I skimmed a few of the others. I did not read the essay provided by the American Petroleum Institute.

I think the last essay, co-written by the president and the chairman of something called The Breakthrough Institute was the most in line with my thoughts. The writers were able to accurately place the Keystone in context with the current environmental movement.

The essay is all of 324 words (as counted by Microsoft Word). I can't recall an essay that packed so much into so short an essay).  It is such a great article, I have saved the entire article for later reference in case the link breaks or the article is archived.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Trailer

The best line in the trailer was changed slightly for PG audiences. Unfortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment