Friday, September 17, 2010

Today's Daily Activity Report

Some interesting items from today's daily activity report:
  • Jack Cvancara 19-18 1-H, previously posted elsewhere, shows a production of 81,000 barrels of oil in less than three (3) months; IP of 4,357; yup: BEXP. We've all known about this well (since the May 26, 2010, press release, but it's finally off the confidential list!)  For an interesting in-depth discussion of the Bakken in general, and the Cvancara specifically, click here.
  • Two different companies reporting on wells targeting the Madison (which by the way, is still the leading formation in North Dakota for oil production, I believe)
  • Ritchie reports a Spearfish well
  • Hess granted three wells on a multi-well pad in the Robinson Lake oil field, EN-Weyrauch series, 154-93-1918. Since they will all run the same two sections, will this be two horizontals in Middle Bakken and one in TFS?  [See comments; I am wrong on how I said this. See this link for more about Hess multi-well pads. If these are true dual laterals like Hess has done before, we should see three more permits by Hess in these sections.]
  • Slawson has a permit in the Elk oil field, south of the river, southwest of Williston. This is the field that BEXP reported an IP of 3,042 for the Papineau Trust 17-20 1-H located at NENW 17-151N-102W.  This well was reported out in July, 2010, just a couple of months ago. Slawson is an exciting operator. Slawson's well is directly north: SWSE 21-152N-102W, Bonanza 1-21-16H
This has not been a particularly good week for the oil patch, so it's nice to see this kind of daily activity report to close out the week.

5 comments:

  1. Hess wells granted on 154-93-1918 - multi pad well - I checked the well file for the first one posted, and yes, it is a middle bakken and a three forks (dual lateral) well. Hess tends to do that for all wells on a multi pad setup....

    rory

    ReplyDelete
  2. So for multiple wells, right now we have CLR Eco-Pads with four laterals (four wells on one pad); Hess with three laterals (TFS dual laterals and one middle Bakken from one pad); and Whiting's way of doing things -- not all on one pad, but very similar: two closely spaced laterals targeting the TFS and the middle Bakken in parallel, and then another pair in the same section (see posting dated September 15, 2010).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, by the way, thank you for clarifying the Hess plans in that first comment above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bruce said:
    Hess with three laterals (TFS dual laterals and one middle Bakken from one pad)

    I'm not sure if this is what you intended to say, but in fact Hess is doing 6 laterals from one pad as 3 dual laterals (MB+3F). Most Hess Bakken attempts are now dual laterals.

    In 2009, 62% of oil production was from the Bakken and 12% from the Madison. For all production through 2009 the Bakken produced 7% and the Madison produced 52%. The Bakken has a fair way to go to reach the 12.5% that has come from the Red River horizontals of the SW corner.

    Hess342

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are correct; I was wrong -- I knew it -- in fact, I had posted the Hess configuration months ago on this site, but I forgot all about it -- I"m getting old. Actually, I'm getting tired. I had a very full day teaching middle school students, and when I got home, I was beat (tired). I made several typos which I've corrected, but with the Hess multi-pad posting, I simply got it wrong. Thank you for correcting.

    There is so much going on in the Bakken that I sometimes either can't keep up or I get confused. Which means it's time for another posting.

    ReplyDelete