The blog -- a couple of days ago -- posted this was likely to happen. Announced today: Big 10 football is back. PAC-12 likely to follow.
Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.
Everything digital: the story for 2020; 2020 to 2030 -- this 10-year digital transformation was telescoped into one to three years by the pandemic.
Stock picker's market: all major indices green but wide variation among various ticker symbols. Most notable: UNP.
UNP: solidly over $200 this past week. Trading up $1.38 today, now trading at $204. Six months ago this was a $115 stock.
JNJ: $150 today; as low as $110 six months ago.
Favorite site for dividends: NASDAQ dividend history.
Another shout-out to e-commerce:
- Walgreen's photo: I put the order in at 7:00 a.m.; notified that order completed, at 7:30 a.m.
- Amazon: I put in order for headphones 7:00 a.m. and alerted that delivery will be made same day. Headphones are for someone else at out-of-state address. Not for me. I can't believe all the money (and time) I've saved over the past few years mailing direct from Amazon, rather than buying locally and then mailing to family member or friend elsewhere.
- Omaha Steaks: ditto. From reader's I understand that of the five or six premium beef shippers, Omaha Steaks is probably rated at or near the bottom. Having said that, quality of steaks is excellent, and price is very competitive. Biggest complaint: "free shipping" is not seen all that often, is fairly significant, and if it exists at all, strings attached (only applies to certain orders). I use Omaha Steaks to send to others; I buy locally.
By the way: Amazon is still prioritizing critical shipments. The baby formula that I send to our new twins in Portland always arrives up to a week earlier than Amazon forecasts. I have a monthly order established for baby formula. Huge savings. Books on the other hand that used to arrive overnight can be delayed significantly.
AAPL: will AAPL turn green today? Let's check: nope, worse if anything. Analysts didn't like AAPL "special event" presentation yesterday.
IMUX: after negative opening, is now green.
Schwab: still impressed with ease-of-use. I find the "iPhone" app more rewarding for trading than the "laptop" website. Not sure why.
- EIA pdf, Bakken: https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/drilling/pdf/bakken.pdf
- EIA, pdf, Permian: https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/drilling/pdf/permian.pdf
- EIA, pdf, Eagle Ford: https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/drilling/pdf/eagleford.pdf