Exceed $7 billion? I guess so. The total Foxconn is considering $57 billion in the US.
Like Heinz 57. Or the 57 united states.
Reuters is reporting:
- Foxconn is the world's largest contract electronics maker
- Foxconn is considering a display-making plant in the US
- $7 billion investment
- Foxconn working with Sharp Corp on this idea; depends on many factors
- in a meeting, the CEO "pledged a $50 billion of investment in the United States and inadvertently disclosed information showing Foxconn's logo and an unspecified additional $7 billion investment
- the US has no panel-making industry, but the US is the second-largest market for televisions
- a display-making plant could create up to 50,000 jobs
- the lucky state? Pennsylvania -- great reward for that state voting for "the Donald"