Friday, July 24, 2015

Saudi Dakota -- July 24, 2015

I don't know about you, but when I first saw the photo below, I honestly would never have guessed Williston or the Bakken or North Dakota -- either Texas or the Mideast. That's quite a striking photo. 

To get the best "wow" factor, click on the picture to bring it up on your screen, and then go to the tool bar, to the "view" drop-down menu and click on "Enter Full Screen." (The content is excellent but the quality of the photograph is second to none; first-rate.) I'm amazed how close the photographer got to the wells without being kicked off; I'm never that brave to get that close.

Background:

A reader was generous enough to send some incredible photographs. They are so amazing, I will post one daily for the next few days. I hate to spoil the fun all in on day. A huge thank you to the reader. These the Statoil Trust wells in the Todd oil field east of Williston, The photos will be of a 5-well pad; there is a neighboring 4-well pad in the same section, just to the west.

The reader points out that 9 wells x $10 million in on section, two pads = $90 million invested in direct costs.

The reader did not identify the wells except to say they were new Statoil Trust wells, and that they were a few miles west of Williston. I think I have the correct wells in the graphic below, but could be wrong; my graphic shows a 4-well pad west of the 5-well pad. The reader said it was a 3-well pad next to the 5-well pad but I didn't find another 5-well pad west of Williston, but I easily could have missed it.

Regardless, the photos are of a 5-well pad, and the graphic where I the wells are located. As noted above, one photo today, more to follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment