Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Incredible Vern Whitten Photography: See If You Can Guess The Location Of The Pad In His First Photo -- May 28, 2014

I always enjoy Vern Whitten photography but this batch of pictures might just be one of the best --- or maybe I was just excited to see recent photographs of the oil patch. Regardless, they are really, really good.

The link to the main site: http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=ccfb60101c746e9ad8ab8b639&id=497a9843a2&e=e52e2d4c44

At that point, one has several options. I went directly to the 30 photographs of the oil patch. The first one is really cool. Vern notes in the photo: 9 pumpers and 1 frac. In fact, I bet this is the Riersgard pad. There are very few places in which one will find six pumpers next to three pumpers while a frack spread is on-site.

Look at this post: http://themilliondollarway.blogspot.com/2012/03/12-well-pad-in-alger-oil-field.html.

I think the first Vern Whitten photograph is of the 12-well Alger oil field pad west of Ross. If you look at the photograph closely, it appears that three wells are also drilled (no pumpers) and they are the ones the frack teams are involved with. If you look at the GIS map (the link above), you will see that three wells are on DRL status and three well sites are only permitted.

Others can play along, and tell me if they think I'm wrong.

Folks who grew up in western North Dakota but who haven't been back in a long time will really enjoy Vern's photographs of the changes, including the bypass that is being built around Watford City, and the new Menard's west of Dickinson.

Another favorite of mine is slide #30, a photo Vern and labeled "David and Goliaths." It's another incredible photo.

I always appreciate Mr Whitten's photography. He is very, very generous to share it with me to share with others. When I post his photos, the posts become the most-visited on my blog. I'm sure he would enjoy hearing from you:

Vern Whitten Photography
1518 7th Street South
Fargo, ND 58103

whittenaerials@aol.com                    

www.vernwhittenphotography.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for More fantastic photos, I send them to friends all over the USA.. don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a little app on the blog that shows how many hits each page gets, and whenever Vern's photos get posted, it's my most visited page, and I know many folks send them on across the US. Thank you for taking the time to write. I know Mr Whitten really appreciates it. He has been very consistent from the very beginning sending me photos. And very generous.

      Delete