Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Update on the Spearfish

Someone sent me a note yesterday inquiring about the status of the Spearfish northeast of Minot, northwest of Bottineau.

So, yesterday, I updated the two more active fields where the Spearfish is being targeted: the Red Rock and the North Souris.

Today, that same reader sent me a media link with the same focus: the Spearfish north of Minot and the Tyler. (It's my experience that these regional media links break early, break often.)

There's only one rig up there, but they can drill to total depth in about four days. I believe one, if not both, fields have gotten bigger since 2008. [See "anon 1"'s comment: the Red Rock is a 'new' field.]

5 comments:

  1. Red rock is new. Basically Legacy. N. Souris is older - basically Corintian (Surge). Surge did an interesting presentation on low costs drilling, available through their website.

    Anon 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I did not know Red Rock was new, but I did not recognize the name. I did recognize North Souris as an "old name." Thank you for update regarding Red Rock.

      Delete
    2. Anon 1: Do you have any insight as to what this means? I am from Minot and just a lot of tidbits of activity around Minot.

      If you add all up all these tidbits of activity, something is happening. Maybe it's just the typical exploration process and I am reading too much into it. Kent

      Delete
    3. I have mineral rights leased north of Minot and about 7-8 miles east of Kenmare. I would like to know any and all information about what is going on there. My leases run out August of 2013. Thank You for anything you can pass on.

      Delete
    4. I'll have to rely on readers. A better forum might be the Bakken Shale Discussion Group (linked at the sidebar at the right) and the "Mineral Rights" tab at the top of the block, the fifth tab over.

      Delete