Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Williston Herald Supplement: "Talkin' The Bakken" -- Bakken, North Dakota, USA

Link here. (PDF)

Lots of advertising, but that's actually half the fun when reading about the Bakken.

Notice how many hours these folks work in the oil patch: 90 - 100 hours/week.

1.5 million bbls/day by 2015 out of the Bakken? Before recent problems in Libya, that's how much they say Libya was producing.

An excellent supplement.

If I was a 20-something living in Detroit, looking for a job, I would be driving to the Bakken (North Dakota), Niobrara (Wyoming/Colorado), and or Eagle Ford (south Texas) as fast I could.

9 comments:

  1. It was a pain to get it to work, but I think I finally got it.

    It works for me now (after three tries). Let me know if you can't access it.

    I think it's a worthwhile publication -- published by the Williston Herald.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I just skimmed through it -- it's excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Works now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome. I appreciate when folks let me know links are broken (unfortunately links to news stories in local and regional newspapers break early and break often). These supplements usually stay linked for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RE: Your original post; Not only are jobseeking 20-somethings from Detroit packing up and driving to the Bakken, but many jobless 30- 40- 50- somethings from all over the country. Men, women, and teenagers alike...it's kind of sad, but thank God for the blessing that is the oil field right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for taking time to comment. I can't think of a better place to raise children. The long, cold winters make one appreciate spring, summer, and autumn (all three months) and results in children spending more time doing their homework at night.

    For the adults coming to western North Dakota / eastern Montana, two words: God's country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to read this article, but unfortunately I cannot get the link to work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Links to many "regional" newspapers break after a few weeks. You are correct. I cannot get to this link any more either.

      Delete