Friday, November 12, 2010

New Record: 158

After I missed the "record" of 157 active rigs -- someone else alerted me to it -- I have been checking twice a day to see if "we" would hit 158.

And it appears I missed that record! Someone just alerted me -- Friday night, November 12, 2010 -- the Director's Cut (NDIC/Director) which was just published today.

The Director mentions that the record of 158 was hit on November 11, 2010, but that today (November 12, 2010) the number of active rigs had fallen back to 156. Talk about ephemeral.

In a separate post, I will hit the high points of the latest Director's Cut, for archival purposes.

Anyway, "we" have a new record: 158 active rigs in North Dakota.

By the way, that makes sense: BEXP's seventh rig was missing in the "old record" of 157.  I haven't yet had a chance to check out to see if I can find the 158th rig.

2 comments:

  1. Bruce,

    The same person that alerted you of 157 also alerted you of 158... Me :) And you thought you were the only one that kept refreshing the screen on your browser to see the daily updates at 5PM CST on the NDIC website.

    Take care and thanks for the great blog,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it appears there are at least two folks, probably born and raised in North Dakota, who forgot to take their medication for their obsessive-compulsive disorder; or, have no life. I probably fall into the latter category. Smile.

    I find the whole North Dakota oil industry fascinating. I have learned a lot, and many of my ideas, postings, etc., come from readers' comments, or e-mail notes. I really appreciate them.

    I do feel badly for the folks in North Dakota who are adversely affected by all this activity (mostly those needing to use the back roads to get to their farm homes/fields/town). As more and more infrastructure is put in place, hopefully some of this impact will decrease.

    I also think often of the truckers and especially the rough necks as "we" move into winter. National Geographic should do a photo-journalism story on drilling for oil in North Dakota during a February blizzard.

    ReplyDelete