Monday, November 2, 2020

Chinese Flu Out Of Control -- Medora, ND -- November 2, 2020

Regular readers of the blog are aware that Medora, ND, has become the "poster-child" for Covid-19 (aka Chinese flu) out-of-control in North Dakota. 

A reader donned personal protective equipment (PPE as we referred to it in the USAF) and, at great risk, to self and family, drove out to Medora, ND, today and snapped this photo.

One can see the "locals" are taking this seriously. Normally, there would be three or four saddled horses, waiting out front. 

All seriousness aside, a picture like this really, really brings back a lot of great memories. Wow, how I wish I was in that bar tonight. LOL.  

That photograph is so incredibly good on so many levels. I would just love to see this photograph nominated for one of the Pulitzer Prizes for photography... seriously. The horse makes the picture. 

Later, 10:10 p.m. Central Time: see first comment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz6fKjtQ1zI

********************************
Skywatch

Wow, talk about a gorgeous evening. When I dropped Sophia off at her house earlier this evening we saw Mars in the eastern sky, not too far off the horizon. From our vantage point, we couldn't yet see the moon, but we knew it would be coming. It was a full moon over the weekend and would be only slightly smaller tonight.

We took out the smartphone "skywatch" app and Sophia immediately confirmed that the object we were looking at was Mars. She then started looking for Jupiter / Saturn and was immediately successful. They were farther west, almost setting. 

I can only imagine how clear the skies are over Medora tonight.

Desperados, Jerry Jeff Walker

2 comments:

  1. Cat Ballou https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz6fKjtQ1zI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy mackerel!! Are you kidding me? Wow, I love this blog ... and the readers Thank you so much. Makes my evening.

      Coincidentally, just before getting your note, my spirits flipped from exuberant to melancholy. Immediately turned to Jerry Jeff Walker on YouTube and then your note showed up. Wow. I wear my emotions/feelings on my arm as they say.

      Delete