May 18, 2017: production data for 20850 and 20851 have been updated; the other wells remain on conf status.
June 17, 2011: "Anonymous" is correct and I was wrong: the eight wells are one two separate pads; the pads are close together, but they are, in fact, separate pads, at least based on the GIS server. See comments below.
This appears to be another record in the Bakken: eight wells will be placed on one pad. [See comments below: folks much smarter than I feel that these are simply two pads placed in adjoining quadrants, and don't constitute a single pad. I won't argue. But I'm waiting for the satellite photos. My gut feeling is the land "between" the two sets of wells will be tied up with oil activity.]
- 20846, conf, Enerplus, Axe 148-94 11A-1H, NWNE 11-148-94W
- 20847, conf, Enerplus, Poblano 148-94 02D-1H, NWNE 11-148-94W
- 20848, conf, Enerplus, Vise 148-94 11A-2H TF, NWNE 11-148-94W
- 20849, conf, Enerplus, Cayenne 148-94 02D-2H TF, NWNE 11-148-94W
- 20850, 710, Enerplus, Jalapeno 148-94 02C-3H, NENW 11-148-94W, t1/12; cum 182K 11/17;
- 20851, 782, Enerplus, Forge 148-94 11B-3H, NENW 11-148-94W, t1/12; cum 234K 11/17;
- 20852, conf, Enerplus, Anvil 148-94 11B-4H TF, NENW 11-148-94W
- 20853, conf, Enerplus, Habanero 148-94 02C-4H TF, NENW 11-148-94W
The wells are being spud from east to west. Most likely two of the MB wells and two of the TF wells will run north, and two of each will run south.
Most likely the Axe-Vise-Forge-Anvil will run the same direction; the peppers will run the opposite direction.
Zenergy already has a permit (confidential) in section 14, just south of section 11. Permit #18129.
Enerplus already has two wells on two separate pads (four all together) in an adjacent section, section 12-148-94. Enerplus also has two wells on one pad in section 13-148-94.
McGregory Buttes is in the southwest corner of the reservation, a very active and very productive area.