Thursday, November 2, 2017

The Energy And Market Page, Page 2, T+285, November 2, 2017 -- Heavy Truck Orders Soar

Making America great again, link here:
Orders for heavy-duty commercial trucks in North America soared in October, reaching the highest level in nearly three years as carriers riding a strong freight market stepped up plans to upgrade or expand their fleets.
Trucking companies last month ordered 36,200 Class 8 trucks, the big rigs that haul much of the nation’s freight. That was up 60.4% from September, and a 160% gain from a year ago, when truck orders plummeted amid slack shipping demand and tepid manufacturing growth.
The orders came at the beginning of the season when trucking companies typically set their fleet plans for the coming year, and signaled robust confidence in shipping demand for 2018.

Forty-Five Minutes Of ABBA Memories
ABBA
Bulls-Eye 

After "Blade Runner 2049" I told my wife I was never going to go to another movie. LOL. But then I saw the trailer for "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri." After seeing the trailer, I told my wife that, depending on the reviews, I really want to see this movie.
Well, I've seen my first review and it looks like a winner. Can't wait to see it. In the WSJ: humor and sadness in the Ozarks. 
About 20 minutes into Martin McDonagh’s new film, Mildred, played by Frances McDormand, delivers a tongue-lashing soliloquy to the local priest. He has come by her house to warn her against taking on the powers-that-be in their small town. Her sudden rant, invoking the history of the Crips and the Bloods (don’t ask), tears the clergyman limb from limb—and leaves the audience in delight, if slightly uneasy.
For an Anglo-Irish playwright like Mr. McDonagh, it is no big stretch to take a swing at the Catholic Church. “That’s what it’s there for,” he says. “They’ve been doing it to us for years.”
That’s just one scene in “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri,” however, and soon he’s moved on to something different. Like the movie’s marketing-unfriendly title—“I like its clunkiness”—he’s the opposite of pandering: This writer/director does what he wants.
When I first saw the trailer, I thought it was a Coen Bros production, but apparently not. But with Frances McDormand in it, one wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment