Thursday, May 21, 2015

This Is What Really Makes My Day -- May 21, 2015

I have to rush off and do something, but for now, check out this link on PetroShale: first quarter 2015 operating results.

A reader sent me this link. As I told the reader:
I don't know anything about PetroShale. But I will learn. They are not found on the NDIC "well search" website which suggests to me they own mineral acres in ND, but don't do any drilling themselves (or they drill under a different name). (Unless in my haste I missed them at the NDIC website, which is always possible.)
Although the company has very, very few acres in some of the best Bakken, the company really has very, very good locations. I now nothing about the company, but this certainly suggests they know what they are buying. My hunch is that with the slump in the price of crude oil (and based on their press release above), they are picking up some nice property.

This really makes my day, vicariously enjoying what this company is doing. 

*******************************
But This Is What Really Makes My Day


*************************************
An Aside

Some months ago I started reading Jane Hawking's Traveling To Infinity: The True Story Behind The Theory Of Everything. It turned out to be much, much better than I ever imagined it to be. It started off a bit slowly -- wow, she gets into the weeds, telling her story -- but it simply got better and better. I was most interested in how she would tell the story of how their marriage ended. I thought I knew. Wow, was I wrong.

It's a thick book, 487 pages in small font. I was breezing long, somewhat slowly through chapter seven. Then on page 278, the fourth page of chapter seven, the dam broke, and I could not turn the pages fast enough. By page 310, I had to stop. The tension was just too much.

I will lay the book aside. I assume I will finish it. In fact, it is more likely that I will start from the beginning, and maybe never read past page 310.

Hmmm.  Hmmm. Hmmm.

**********************************
Haven't Heard This In Ages

Cow Patti, Jim Stafford

No comments:

Post a Comment