Friday, August 16, 2013

Currently, 2,029 Wells On The Confidential List

The highest number of wells on the confidential list that I have seen is 2,117 (I don't recall when that was) since I started blogging four or five years ago (the original blog was deleted, and re-started back in 2009, I believe). I'm losing track of time.

Currently, there are 2,029 wells on the confidential list.

It looks like we will see a record number of wells coming off the confidential list for the month of September, next month when 186 wells will come off the confidential list.

Then, in October, another record: 199.

And, looking a bit farther into the future, it looks like we might see an all-time record for the number of wells coming off the confidential list for any month when 206 wells come off the confidential list in January, 2014. Compare that to 154 in January, 2013 (one year earlier).

Although the number will creep up over time, in a Director's Cut just a few months ago, it was said that only 90 wells/month are needed to come off the confidential list to maintain production (if I am reading the comments correctly).

I update these numbers periodically in the box at the sidebar at the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment