After this note, off the net for awhile.
Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.
NOG: up 9% so far today; up $1.40/share; now trading at $16.62.
US equity markets: will three major US equity market indices hit all-time intra-day highs today? I've lost the bubble on the NASDAQ -- it's probably still significantly lower to recent sell-off but mainstream media is reporting that the S&P 500 already hit a record high "as tech shares jump after jobs report miss."
Comment: I always get a kick out of the market on the days "jobs" are reported. Regardless of the report, one hour after the report all is forgotten and the market moves on other news -- usually on something a politician or a former Fed president says.
EOG, headlines today (link is dynamic):
- EOG up over 5% today; up over $4/share; trading over $81;
- beats on 1Q21 earnings estimates;
- beats on 1Q21 revenue estimates;
- top oil stocks to watch in US shale as profits return amid rising crude demand;
- EOG Resources first-quarter profit surges as crude prices rebound;
- EOG reports excellent first quarter 2021 results; declares $1.00 per share special dividend;
- EOG is up 7.6% today; up $5.87/share; trading at $82.85