Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Energy And Market Page -- T+290 -- November 7, 2017

Production records in the Bakken. The other day this DUC was reported as completed:
  • 30550, 4,516, MRO, Brush 24-8H, Bailey, 45 stages, 8.8 million lbs; t9/17; cum 59K in 26 days;  
Monthly Production Data:
PoolDateDaysBBLS OilRunsBBLS WaterMCF ProdMCF SoldVent/Flare
BAKKEN9-20172658582576280627252356224
BAKKEN8-201716626200167095

For newbies: is this a new first-month production record?. At 26 days, 58,582 bbls extrapolates to 69,848 bbls over 31 days; or 67,595 bbls over 30 days. It ranks up there, but it is not a record. See the tag "RecordIP" to see other posts on this subject.

Tesla: It's hard to believe that "no one" is discussing this despite the rumors that Tesla's "production hell" is due to battery issues (plus other issues):
Buried in the news today (November 6, 2017) -- Tesla's head of battery engineering exits. Wow, wow, wow.  Not aware that it was mentioned on CNBC -- didn't hear it mentioned on "Fast Money" or "Mad Money."
"Tesla watch" here

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or what you think you may have read here.

KMI: Motley Fool discusses pipelines.

ETP: Motley Foot discusses pipelines and mentions the Bakken Pipeline System. 

Bakken Pipeline System (from "Pipelines"):
Two legs (link here):
  • Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL)
  • Energy Transfer Crude Oil Pipeline
Disclaimer: I generally do not correct old posts (except for typographical errors). I often make factual and typographical errors. The older a post is, the more likely things have changed. To the best of my ability, when discussing the Bakken, I try very hard not to make factual errors. Except for my exuberant and irrational enthusiasm for the Bakken I don't have any real agenda with regard to the Bakken, but that does not mean I don't have strong opinions about the Bakken. I guess I do have one agenda: to "prove" the Bakken skeptics wrong. (I'm talking production, not investment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment