Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Some Observations On The IPs Reported Today; Simply Rambling While Watching It Rain

Some observations on the IPs reported today:

OXY USA reports an OXY USA IP.

Slawson has a "high IP" well that makes the "high IP" list.

EOG reports another nice middle Bakken well in the Clearwater field using 48 stages, 10 million pounds of sand; IP was low, but production is outstanding. On the other hand, in Spotted Horn, EOG used 51 stages and 10 million pounds of sand in a Three Forks well, and early production is not particularly good. [See first comment: there may be a good explanation.]

A fairly inactive field in the Bakken, the Bully field south of Watford City, is showing some nice activity and some nice results.

2 comments:

  1. I was concerned about the Spotten Horn wells also, but less concerned when I added up the 6 wells (5 still confidential) on page 155 of the August production. The 3 wells on each pad in Sec. 17 &20 totaled 143,896 for an average of approx. 24,000 bbl for the month. I also saw in the well file that came off confidential that EOG was building a processing plant on the Sec. 17 pad and this may have caused an issue with production. I will be interested to see the September production!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate that feedback. I bet you are correct.

      I hope I remember to look at the production from these wells, but it becomes a challenge. Maybe I need to start a new page of "things" to check up on.

      Thank you very much for taking time to write.

      Delete