I've done a quick search, unable to find anything.
If anyone can locate that video, please let us know.
Timeline from applying for permit to first royalty. See comment below. I moved that information up here for easier searching. I also provided a link to this timeline at "FAQ" -- question #28.
An overall average would go something like this:
- "Permit to drill" to building of drill pad: 1 to 3 months.
- build the site: 2 - 2 weeks
- rig arrives on site: 1 - 2 months later
- time to reach total depth: 1 month for each well on site
- wait for fracking after last well is drilled: 4 - 6 weeks
- each well to be fracked: 5 - 10 days
- production begins
- first royalty check: 100 - 150 days after production begins
- first royalty check delays due to title issues
On multi-well pads, it is my understanding that they won't frack the wells until the last well is drilled. I also see "boiler-plate" requests to delay drilling 90 days early in the process.