Saturday, May 28, 2011

Triangle Petroleum Doubles Its Acreage -- North Dakota Bakken (Montana)

Triangle Petroleum recently announced a 42,000 net-acre acquisition in the Bakken (Montana side of the border). This will bring Triangle's Bakken property to about 72,000 net acres.

This was announced a few days ago, but  I am only now getting caught up after being on Amtrak for a couple of days.

The press release states this is the North Dakota Bakken (Williston Basin) but I have to remind folks that there is an Alberta Bakken in Montana and sometimes these two "pools" are misidentified.

2 comments:

  1. Not a Bakken comment, wondered how the Amtrak travel was. Used to enjoy taking the Empire Builder from Williston to Spokane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking time to comment.

    I love Amtrak. It is a special and a unique experience.

    I have blogged on it in the past. I guess I should write about it again. Thank you for reminding me. I will post a stand-alone update on the blog, later.

    ReplyDelete