- eleven start-ups: update. The WSJ.
- from the blog, September, 2020;
- from the blog, October, 2020;
- from the blog, November, 2020;
- EV tag;
The WSJ has a great update on eleven EV startups chasing Tesla (linked above).
Some data points:
- Tesla, now part of the S&P 500, or soon to be; not quite sure; don't care;
- Tesla: more valuable than the following companies combined:
- VW (largest car manufacturer in the world?)
- GM: this past week said it would spend $27 billion over the next four years of development of electric and driverless vehicles
- my hunch: driverless vehicles will be banned from school zones
Facts and comments:
- China and India are the big markets of which I know nothing
- US market:
- 40% of American do not own their own homes
- about 20% of Americans live in apartments or condos
- minimal transparency on number of EVs actually sold
- huge opportunities for those focused on infrastructure
- why didn't US Post Office switch to EVs decades ago?
- why did the US military not focus on EVs for stateside operations?