Thursday, April 18, 2019

April 18, 2019, T+6, Part 3 -- UNP Surges

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on anything your read here or think you may have read here.

UNP.

Wow.

Earlier post:
Tuesday, March 19, 2019, T+76: the market continues to climb the wall of worry. UNP falls 3% ($5) after a single analyst says the flooding in Nebraska will have a material impact on UNP's revenues/earnings.
Wow. I saw that note as a reason to buy. Based on one analyst (whom I won't name), UNP falls 3% on Iowa flood worries.

UNP has been trading in a $155 to $165 range for as long as I can remember. I am getting very, very old, and my memory is not very good, nor has it ever been very good, so I may be mistaken on that trading range. Hey, I have an idea, let's take a look:


Story? Link here. Upbeat 1Q19 earnings. Data points:
  • strong 1Q19 earnings
  • $1.93 vs $1.89 forecast
  • 15% growth y-o-y
  • actual earnings have beat forecasts in eight of the last nine quarters
  • pays 2%

No comments:

Post a Comment