Note comments regarding Marathon.
Reminder: articles in small regional newspapers tend to disappear after a few months or become accessible only through subscription.
Five data points that jumped out at me:
- Break-even in the Bakken: "When we compare the fourth quarter of 2015 to 2016, we see break evens have dropped $9 to $20 a barrel."
- DUCs: 800. This summer could be the summer of DUCs -- something I posted a few days ago, before I saw the Lynn Helms' soundbite.
- Fringe: the fringe is becoming more productive, though too few wells to make more definitive statement
- Three Forks: produces water 1.5 to oil; vs 0.77 for a Bakken well
- Natural gas-to-crude oil ratio: increases as crude oil depletes; pressure lessens